I have a love of fitness...even though I'm not always motivated to act on that love. I have started competing in tri’s and completed 4 the 2009 season. I am registered for one in 2010, and a halfmarathon. My goal is a 1/2 Ironman in 2011.
I love my life!! Even though I've been through more in my short 29 years than most people experience in a liftime - I still wake up every day and am thankful for at least one more day with the people I love.
Within a few years I lost my grandmother, my father, Bill's mother and most recently my best friend; in that order. My grandmother was elderly, my father was unhealthy, Bill's mom was sudden and my best friend had cancer. I miss each of them every day. Through each of these losses I’ve learned more about myself than I ever could have imagined… I am strong, confident, smart and pretty funny (if I do say so myself).
My laugh will make the room turn their heads because I’m loud… but I don’t care. I think it’s one of my better qualities.
I want to be a wife, a mother, and a grandmother… I am an aunt, a daughter, a friend, and a sister….
I’m so lucky to have the best family and friends in the entire world! I also have the worlds BEST doggies…Deuce and Shakes… I’m devoted to my friends and family and wouldn’t be the person I am today without them.
I believe in a lot of things…I believe that the sun will always rise and you always have a second chance to make things right. I believe that karma will bite you if you aren’t true to yourself, your friends, your family, and others. I believe that the smile tells everything. I believe in God. I believe that you can make it through anything. I believe that love makes everything better, whether that love is through friends, family, pets, significant others or anything else. I believe life is to short to worry about the petty things and I believe in me.
When I lost my Jess to cancer in June of 2009, her parents and her husband found her daily journal that she wrote in while doing her devotionals each day; before she lost her motor skills she was reading and studying “The Purpose Driven Life” – a 40 day study on what God’s purpose is for our lives. Jess was very insightful and reading through her journal one quote that she wrote stuck out:
“God, whether I get anything else done today, I want to make sure that I spend time loving you and loving other people – because that’s what life is all about. I don’t want to waste this day.”
It makes a very big impact on me and my life and I read it every day and remind myself that life is about hope, faith and love. I am blessed to have all three.
Just for fun:
Things I love:
- My family
- My AWESOME Friends
- The Gym
- All Things sports – especially College football….my favorite!
- My nieces and nephew
- My doggies Deuce and Shakes (most precious ever)
- My laptop
- My cellphone
- Hosting parties, showers, ANYTHING where I get to cook for people
- Wrapping up on the couch on a rainy day
- Running with Deuce/Shakes and taking them out to play
- Laughing until I cry
- Laughing until my belly hurts
- The way my Nanny and Pappy’s house smelled at the holidays
- My oldest niece, Kaylee's laugh (and sometimes her snort)
- The way my nephew, Cooper runs and tackles me with hugs every time he sees me
- My youngest niece, Shelby's cuddling…..so sweet
- Christmas Eve at “The Compound”
- Texas de Brazil
- Napa Valley
- Singing really loud to ridiculous music
- Being a girl
- Girls weekends
- BAG Trips
- Reckless Kelly
- Sappy movies, funny movies, any movie really
- my ipod
- Family get togethers
- Pay DAY!
- Insensitive people
- Rude People
- Misinformed people
- People who get in the right hand lane and don’t turn
- Putting gas in my car (HATE IT!)
- People with bad attitudes
- My alarm clock
- Cell phones ringing in movies, airplane, elevators etc….
- People that drive 40mph in a 60mph zone
- YARD WORK – UGH!