It's official - my house is on the market today. AHHHH!! It was a long, exhausting, no time to train weekend. We started Friday after the handyman left and continued until last night at 7:30pm. On the list of completed projects:
- new grout in both bathrooms
- freshly painted baseboards and trim
- clean as in " you can eat off every inch of my floor"
- stage the entire house
- pack up everything that wasn't utilized for staging purposes in prep for move to the new house
- switch out washer and dryer (newer ones went to Bill's - older one's are being sold with my house)
- Putty all holes
- paint over all holes
- sand and repaint window seal
- sand and repaint mantel
- steel wool clean the fireplace
- clean all light bulbs and fixtures, fan blades and fixture globes
- clean and degrease oven and cooktop
- clean refrigerator (thanks cayla!)
- Clean and organize the garage
- replace the doorbell
It doesn't look like a lot when I type it out but it was a lot to do. THANK GOD I had my mom, my sister, my cousin, Cayla and Bill there to help me or I know for a fact it wouldn't have been completed.
My realtor came this morning, took pictures and is listing it today on the MLS. Potential buyers - it is turnkey ready to move in - please buy this house - now!
OK - moving on.....
I need suggestions. I was thinking this weekend, since I've never participated in any kind of endurance race other than a 1/2 mary - I need suggestions from you experienced endurance athletes.
What do I need to get?
i.e. - Gu's (obviously), water, electrolyte drink, etc etc... but what other things do I need that I might not think of.
Recommendations for race attire.... help me develop my 70.3 packing list....... Transition items.... do I need to pack power bars, etc? Do I prepare multiple bags like in an Ironman? Can I change between the bike and run? (I really, really, really want to wear my padded Pearl Izumi bike shorts rather than my normal tri shorts)
What is some advice you can give me in preparing? HELP - I'm a list person!!!!!!!
PS - pics of the house and the 80's party to come soon.