What a great weekend! I had an awesome week off last week..... mainly because I hit 100% of my workouts. Let me tell you; it's a hell of a lot easier to get in two workouts a day when you don't have an 8 hour gig in between. Not only did I maintain a 100% completion of workouts, I had all the laundry done, the house cleaned and dinner was on the table at a respectable time each night. GO ME! But I am glad to be back at work today and have my routine back. However, it didn't start off very well... I slept through my alarm and missed my Master Swim. Way to go.... 24 hour fitness - I'll see you when the quitting bell rings.
I haven't recapped my numbers from 2010 - so expect that at some point this week. Also I started reading a pretty amazing book which I'm sure some of you have read. The Long Run - Matt Long. It's pretty awesome and you can enter to win it over at Running with Whit's continuation of the Pay It Forward Giveaway Jason started. I read 12 chapters in one day - that should say something.
Yesterday I was scheduled to run 6 miles at an 11 min mile pace. It was cold, I was tired so I opted to channel my inner EMZ and run on the treadmill at the gym. This was the farthest I've ever run on a treadmill and 63 minutes later I felt awesome. It was a 10:30 pace a little faster than coach wanted but I felt good and by the end of the run was ready to get it over with. The last 1/2 mile I kicked it in and was running 7 mph so says the treadmill. I was a hot sweaty mess but that was my longest run since White Rock (due to being sick, etc) and gave me some confidence for my 15K this weekend.
So to follow suit with all the other bloggers in blog land I guess it's time to put out my goals for 2011. YIKES...this makes them real you know. (In no particular order besides the order in which my brain thought of them)... 11 goals in 2011 which I feel I can adequately achieve. No 50% this year......
1. Complete the Run for the bling of it challenge....12 races in 12 months
2. New Orleans Half Ironman....enough said
3. Run a marathon...this was initially a goal in my 30b430 list but seeing as 70.3 training is more important to me right now this will have to wait. Hoping to run White Rock 2011 26.2.
4. Become a spin instructor at the gym. Another one on my 30b430 list....
5. Run 1000 miles in 2011
6. Spend more time with my nieces and nephews..... take each of them once a month to do something fun (by themselves)
7. Organize a race in honor of Jess and donate all the proceeds to her scholarship fund. (I'm going to need help with this one)
8. Take an amazing - unplugged - vacation again this year. Cabo was so awesome in 2010!
9. Limit eating out
10. Limit desserts...this one is going to be tough
11. Achieve my goal weight....15 pounds to go