I can't believe it's here.... I've been thinking and mulling and agonizing over this week. It's going to be the longest 4 days of work EVER...EVER!!!!!
So this weekend was packed full of training and fun...it was my last long ride/run before NOLA and the sun was out and shining.
Jason and I headed out for a 2 hour on Saturday.... I came home with this...
So I've been thinking about all I've learned/accomplished over the last 29 weeks.... Here's a few...this week more than likely will be dedicated to all things triathlon (NOLA especially) so hang in there...then I'm sure I'll have more stories similar to brownie batter and hummus :)
Things I've learned while training for a half ironman....
1. It is possible to train for a long distance triathlon and maintain a decent pedicure. Ask me...I routinely got pedicures during my training :)
2. Wear sunscreen - always wear sunscreen....don't believe me? Look up....
3. You can train alone - although it's more fun with friends. Thank you to everyone who has logged miles with me be it on a bike, in the pool, or on the pavement. You have each inspired me more than you know.
4. Sometimes a long run by yourself is just what you need to shake "that kind of day"
5. Working out (training for something in particular) makes me a better person. I feel better knowing I'm working towards something.
6. I take TERRIBLE Race pictures.... what an example?
|Why can't I look "cool" on the bike - maybe it's because I'm so pale I look pink-ish in color|
|Amber looks cute! I look like I'm in PAIN!|
|I actually like this one :) Gratuitous shot!|
8. You don't have to give up your life to train for something you want. You will make sacrifices. You will cry sometimes, you smile sometimes, but it's always worth it.
9. People think I am WAY cooler than I really am when you tell them "I'm training for a half ironman" - I am a nerd at heart and at no point up until the last 29 weeks did I ever consider my self an "athlete"
10. I know that I have a lifestyle that is healthy which will eventually provide my children a healthy life, give them a mom who will be alive for a long time to nag them, love them, hug them and guide them through life.
Don't forget tomorrow is Tribute Tuesday...... Click the page up top to see what it is all about!! And head over to Janette's blog and wish her Congratulations!!!!!!! Exciting things happening over there!